The library was started during the centenary celebrations of Sri Ramakrishna in 1936. It is an important library in the city with over 45,000 books in English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Hindi, Kannada and Bengali. Books on a wide range of subjects such as philosophy, religion, mysticism, linguistics, fiction, history, geography, psychology, etc., are available to the public. The library subscribes to 190 periodicals. The reading facility is free and open to all. Members can borrow books on payment of membership fees.
- Sri Ramakrishna Centenary Library is happy to provide separate study rooms for male and female students
- The objective is to provide a peaceful well-lit place with basic amenities to young students who might not have a calm place to study at home.
- The study room facility is free of cost. We welcome students above Class 12 across any streams.
- It is open from 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM and 3.30 PM to 6.00 PM.
- Students need to provide their academic details and get registered as a one-time exercise.